Recycle Bin cant change settings

Recycle Bin cant change settings

by Jay Jay -
Number of replies: 3

I am the administrator on my student's Moodle account but have very little technical knowledge and have managed to delete a student assignment complete with student submissions by accident.

Having read the existing forums I'm not really getting anywhere.

There is no recycle bin listed when I click on the settings wheel.

If I go to Site Administration> Admin Tools>Recycle Bin,  -

• enable course recycle bin has no tick
  • enable category recycle bin has no tick
  • Auto hide has a tick in
If i try to tick the unticked items and press save, the boxes revert back to 'unticked'.

I read information about 'Cron' and 'defined in config.php' but I am unsure what these mean.

Any help would be really appreciated to try to get my students work back

Thank you
Lucy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Jay

Re: Recycle Bin cant change settings

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. From your description I wonder if you are using a MoodleCloud or Moodle for School site? If that is the case then unfortunately I think these packages don't have the recycle bin functionality. I am going go move your question from the Themes forum to the MoodleCloud forum to be sure.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jay Jay

by Robby Ruggles -

I am also on a Moodle Cloud account and can't access the recycle bin or change the recycle bin settings. Can these be enabled for Moodle Cloud?

In reply to Robby Ruggles

by Cameron 👨‍🦲🟥⚡️ -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Testers
Hi Robby,

The recycle bin functionality is disabled on MoodleCloud as it's currently incompatible with our quota system.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Cam