Creating a Wiki (Collaborative Document) Module

Re: Creating a Wiki (Collaborative Document) Module

by Michael Schneider -
Number of replies: 3
Ah, oky. What do you think about the following Idea:

- A teacher can always edit every wiki in his course
- There are three wiki-types: Teacher, Group, Student (or Course, Group and User: now I think I got that idea, sorry Mike)
The Activity has the Moodle-Group states: "No Groups" "Separate Groups" and "Visible Groups"
- The same initial Content is filled in for all groups

There is now a matrice:

No Groups
Separate Groups
Visible Groups
Teacher
Teacher creates and changes the Wiki. Students can read the contents.
There is a Wiki for every group which just the teacher can change. Every student just sees the wiki of his group.
There is a Wiki for every group which just the teacher can change. The students can see all Wikis, choseable by a Drop-Down box which contains all groups.
Group
Teacher creates and changes the Wiki. Students can read the contents.Students can change and see the Wiki of their own group.
Students can change the Wiki of their own group. They can see all Wikis, choseable by a Drop-Down box which contains all groups.
Individual
Every student sees and can change his own Wiki.
Every student can change his own Wiki, and sees all other Wikis of the students in his group, choseable by a Drop-Down box which contains all students of his group.
Every student can change his own Wiki, and sees all other Wikis, choseable by a Drop-Down box which contains all students.

I am afraid i cannot implement this until Sunday smile... But I will create a stable version for the cvs.
In reply to Michael Schneider

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You're definitely right about the groups thing; it should be handled by the groups setting.

The only think I would change with your matrix is the 'Group / No Groups' setting. That should be what I was previously calling 'course'. In other words, it would be open to all students to edit as well as read.

Also, I would call 'Individual', 'Student' instead, and use the Moodle string for 'Student. (I was wrong with 'user' too).

Sorry, I haven't got back to my changes yet; had work someone was paying me to do (damn smile). I'll put it all together this afternoon (EST) and get it into CVS.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Michael Schneider -
Yes, you are completely right with the 'Group / No Groups' setting and the Student-term. I will incoorperate it.

I am in the process of incoorporating the group-changes, which are fairly major. Maybe it would be better to wait until Tuesday evening or so.

I will ask Martin for a cvs-account.

It is so great working with you, guys ! Thanks a lot for all your ideas and corrections. I hope you are happy with the results.