Restoring and upgrading

Restoring and upgrading

by Russell Thomson -
Number of replies: 1

I upgraded to 3.5.4+ but mu problems started before. I had to restore my files during a mistake with migration. After restoring my sound files and photos didn't load. The sound files said the media player could not load and the photos first appeared as a rainbow of colours and then disappeared. This has happened in both databases: the one prior to migration and the one after. So, with the database prior to migration I thought that an upgrade might solve the problem. The upgrade went ahead as planned but the problem still existed. Both restore were done with unproblematic backups three months apart with no problem showing up when I was using Moodle. I can reupload the picture and audio files and they work without a problem. The Global php version is 7.1 (in case this is causing a problem). Can anyone help.

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Thomson

Re: Restoring and upgrading

by Russell Thomson -
I read a quesion a little further down called 'Missing photos' and questioner stated 'Ken with your guidness I reached to a final conclusion that all files are corrupted because the FTP was not binary.' I don't know what this means but I download my files onto my computer using Filezilla and I don't know if they are binary or not. I'm worried that this has something to do with my problem and my audio and photo files are corrupted. I have six years of input that I would need to reinput if this is the case.
When I reupload and overwrite the audio file the same file in another quiz is automatically corrected.