If it possible to allow students to enroll twice using different methods?

by Joseph miguel44 -
Number of replies: 1

I wanted to set up a system that would work somewhat like a grace period, and to do that I need students to be able to enroll into the course twice, with different methods each time.

So for example, once a student has self-enrolled into the course, then they should be able to enroll again using paypal or some other enrollment method. When I set this sort of system up, moodle automatically directs the student back into the course they are already enrolled in when they try to go to the enrollment url. 

I imagine there is a piece of code somewhere saying that students that are already enrolled into the course should be redirected back into the course, bypassing the second enrollment page. Does anyone have any ideas of where I could find this/what I should do?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph miguel44

by David Deifell -
How do I enable students to unenrol themselves from courses?

Hello Joseph,
The only possible solution for me was to allow my students to unenrol themselves from the course. This option then gave them a chance to enrol choosing a different method. Our students can access the course within the first 2 weeks for free, because they may want to drop the class and we allow it to prevent refunds. We use the enrol_stripepayment plugin.

Access: How do I enable students to unenrol themselves from courses?
docs.moodle.org/37/en/Enrolment_FAQ#How_do_I_enable_students_to_unenrol_themselves_from_courses.3F