Fordson | Navdraw | custom_course_block

Fordson | Navdraw | custom_course_block

by Roger Brown -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle: 3.7X

Fordson: v3.7 release 1.2.1 (2019111009)

Custom_Course_block: 2.1.6

additional Plugins:

• Boost navigation fumbling (local_boostnavigation): v3.7-r3
  • Custom Navigation (local_navigation) 1.5
HI all...

We recently deployed custom_course_block into our production 3.5 ... and our users are giving us positive feedback about the functionality of the block.

However we are now thinking of upgrading to 3.7 and would like keep the custom_course_block but we need to put it in the boost/fordson navdraw.

I've tried just about everything (via plugins and config options in the plugins) available bar starting to hack code...so just thought I'd put this out there - "has anyone managed to add a block to the fordson navdraw? If so, how?

Thanks in advance
Roger

EDIT: I forgot to mention that while the screenshot here show "add block" in the navdraw my deployment does not

Attachment Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 9.57.36 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Brown

Re: Fordson | Navdraw | custom_course_block

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The three block columns is on the SITE HOME. Dashboard is 2 columns.
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Roger Brown -
really sorry if I'm being dof (I am a newbie to moodle) but your reply doesn't really help me - would you mind uppacking that a bit?
In reply to Roger Brown

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Sorry, maybe I looked over your question too quickly too. 
 In fordson on the main settings page you can choose one of two options for displaying blocks: Boost Default or Fordson 3 column. 
 If you choose Boost default the Add a block button appears in the navdrawer and there is only the side column on the right to put the blocks.   
But, the Add a block will not put blocks in the nav drawer.  That is just replicating how Boost works to add blocks.

Fordson has a sliding "Block Panel" which is 3 columns and is hidden in the top of the screen.

This is a video of the very first implementation of blocks in Fordson with the sliding drawer.