mod_assign::submissionstatementdefault does not get translated in to German

Re: mod_assign::submissionstatementdefault does not get translated in to German

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Helen

Thanks for pointing out to the bug. Did the workaround, making everybody reading the submission statement in German. Hope the En. and Fr. "minority courses" do not mind.
wink

I won't have time to look deeper in the short term. But what I don't understand is that Moodle has solved the multilanguage problem brilliantly, right from the beginning. Why does this single string gives trouble? Was there a local planning problem? Its name 'submissionstatementdefault' is a bit suspicious to me. All these strings are default, as long as nobody changes them, aren't they?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: mod_assign::submissionstatementdefault does not get translated in to German

by Julien Boulen -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

I'm currently working on this issue.

My approach was to remove the administration settings and use strings in language packs instead. This solution works very well for a multilingual site, however the language customisation is less user-friendly (you have to use language customisation function, open pack, search the right string identifier, etc).

Another approach would be to keep current administration settings... but definitively I don't see how to bring internalisation in this case. Maybe we can keep those settings. If these variables are empty, so we use strings in language packs. If not, we use administration setting values.

What is your opinion? Any suggestions would be appreciated. smile

Regards,