Sub courses plugin - activity completion issue

Re: Sub courses plugin - activity completion issue

by rajan p -
Number of replies: 2
Thanks for the comments guys.

Let me summarize the things, that am looking for.

I have 2 courses.

course1(sample URL) - "singleactivity" format with "URL" type. completion will be marked, once the student clicked that url. (which is working fine and shows 100%.)

course2(Training plan) - "topic" format with "subcourse" activity type. the subcourse is the one which allows you to select/map the existing course to it which is called the reference course(in my case it is "sample URL") and if the user completed that reference course the activity gets completed. And if that activity gets completed then the course2 will get completed(which is already configured in a way).

So my concern here is not about the completion of topic course(course2), that is if all the activities under the topic gets completed then it will complete the topic, which will work. My query is  "subcourse" activity is not completed even my reference course is completed.

The report screenshot which is shared is "sample URL" course report followed by "subcourse" activity report.

i think it will give you clear picture of what is required. let me know the if it is possible or not.

Thanks again.
In reply to rajan p

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Let me summarize also: the moment you configure course completion in your reference course, it will be possible. As long as you mix up course completion and activity completion, it will not be possible. Your subcourse activity cannot be completed (activity completion) because your reference course is not properly configured (course completion).

In reply to rajan p

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

... even my reference course is completed.

That is what we are trying to explain. Your reference course is not technically completed. I suspect you have been confused by two separate features - the course completion and the activities completion. Please see the docs at the links provided.