Trigger retrospective awarding of competancies for a course completed before the competancy was added

Trigger retrospective awarding of competancies for a course completed before the competancy was added

by James Hamilton -
Number of replies: 1

This has been asked before, but the discussion is closed and I was wondering if there's been any new developments. The story is:

1. Users have completed courses, the courses are set to 'complete competency on completion.
  2. Students who complete the course AFTER the competency was added to the courses ARE successful in completing said competency.
  3. Those that completed the course BEFORE the competency was added to the courses are NOT awarded competency

Can some or other role trigger retrospective awarding of competencies if desired?

I wouldn't expect this to happen by default as there is a use case the current behavior too.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Hamilton

Re: Trigger retrospective awarding of competancies for a course completed before the competancy was added

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
There is no systemic solution, because the competency "start date" is after the student completion.

If the competency objects had Start and End Dates like courses, this may be possible. When I started using competencies, I need to manually award the competencies to each student. IMHO the competency objects and framework need to be updated to be more useable.

Kind Regards.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)