CUSTOM CERTIFICATE. The certificate is issued for all participants of the training (instead of for 1 person)

Re: CUSTOM CERTIFICATE. The certificate is issued for all participants of the training (instead of for 1 person)

by Daniel Chiriboga Nájera -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

I have the same issue. I configured thye plugin and all of the students received their certificate, wether or not they have finished the course.

I can put a restriction to access the certificate from the course, but it's also available through the user's profile, and the date is still the one where the certificate was generated.

In reply to Daniel Chiriboga Nájera

Re: CUSTOM CERTIFICATE. The certificate is issued for all participants of the training (instead of for 1 person)

by Elisabeth Polzleitner -

Same issue for us. All our students got ALL possible certificates today. We give them gold, silver, bronze ... for each course.

I have even turned off emailing certificates to teachers and students,

Can anyone please fix this.

The old certificate plugin worked super well but our plattform admins have deinstalled it (and all settings are gone). 

Now I spent 18 hours creating the new certificates for about 15 courses -- and then it doesn't work.

What a shame.

PLEASE fix this.

In reply to Elisabeth Polzleitner

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think there needs to be a warning around the 'Email students' checkbox. Whenever the cron (https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Cron) is run it checks if there are any certificates with 'Email students' marked. It then gets all the students that can access it and sends them an issue. You need to configure your restrictions correctly and before you check 'Email students' otherwise the certificate will be issued prematurely.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)