Moodle and the Great Firewall of China

Re: Moodle and the Great Firewall of China

by James Steerpike -
Number of replies: 2
Registering a Chinese website is not as simple as it is for most countries.
Set up a Subsidiary in China

Whether to set up one’s own website, or open a store presence on Chinese e-commerce platforms such as Tmall and JD.com, investors will first need to set up a subsidiary in China. A scan of the company’s business license needs to be submitted when completing the website registration and filing procedures with the MIIT. (Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information)

They ask for

• A completed .CN domain application form
A copy of the business License (registered in China) A copy of the signatory’s national ID. Note that the signatory must be a Chinese citizen and has a valid PRC personal ID.

I have always picked up a cheap domain name  and taken my chances. Depends on your budget.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to James Steerpike

by asher kareem -

The Great Firewall (GFW) of China is known as a filtering system, which edits the Internet and stops users from visiting numerous webpages and social media platforms. Since Internet censorship under the GFW is inescapable in China, utilizing a VPN to bypass it is vital. To evade the Great Firewall of China, just Sign up for a VPN service like VyprVPN provides a number of dissimilar VPN protocols, such as proprietary Chameleon technology that overthrows VPN blocking.

Go for https://vpn.review/avoid-gfw-china/ this site to learn more about bypassing The Great Firewall of China . Just go for the guidelines for downloading your VPN and direct the app on your chosen device(s). Now log in with your credentials, and pick which server to interconnect to. VyprVPN allows you to pick from over 70 server locations all around the world, so you can choose a location free of censorship. Utilize the Internet or your applications as you normally do, and go for an open, free and Internet experience.

In reply to James Steerpike

by Tom Curtis -

I have previously tried to register a bank account in Hong Kong, and the issue seems to be similar. However, this didn't require to be a citizen but physically visit HK. Have you tried to do it through the HK company? - I bet its much easier. 

Due to the new security law, I am however very cautious doing anything in that region. This is too unstable (especially if you are a U.S citizen). And just to mix up the discussion a bit, I found another research which might be useful for you.

Most likely you have solved the issue by now, if not, keep us posted.