Session Key ERROR - Running istallation

Session Key ERROR - Running istallation

by Bhupinder Singh -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I am stuck with the inability to make changes to the structure ie add blocks etc. on the followign account

After copying the blocks / files to the appropriate place when I go back and with editing on try to go forward with the ADMIN command The admin interface shows up:

..../ Administration » Configuration » Variables

At the bottom there is the continue button on pressing the same we have the following message displayed.

Sorry, but your session key could not be confirmed to carry out this action. This security feature prevents against accidental or malicious execution of important functions in your name. Please make sure you really wanted to execute this function.

On continuing we come back to the FRONTPAGE.

I am desparately in need of help and assistance in resolving this issue.

Thanks to all in advace.

Garry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bhupinder Singh

Re: Session Key ERROR - Running istallation

by Moodle Coder -

I suspect you are opening two session files. You might have added a session_start() at the beginning of some moodle code and then when moodle goes through its named session logic it finds the session id it is dealing with does not match - (because the session may have been given a different or no name at all)  what it expects and it thinks someone is trying to fake their way in.

You may want to go to /tmp or inside your database and confirm if that is so. You may want to echo the session_id() at different stages to see if there is any change as you go through the application. Good Luck. I have a similar problem.

In reply to Moodle Coder

Re: Session Key ERROR - Running istallation

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi,

Actually I had a running installation.

I tried to add two blocks (Digital clock, Marking).

When I ran the ../moodle/admin ... I went to the config page without creating the tables and on saving got the error.

I f i work in a mode as Admin and do admin activity I get the problem.

Can you advise how to check for the Session Key in the database(sorry for my ignorence) and also how to echo the session_id .

MY ENVIRONMENT WIndows XP.

Thanks for the help.

Garry