Latest Announcement can allow only one attachments

Re: Latest Announcement can allow only one attachments

by Jon Bolton -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

The Latest Announcements block pulls its content from the Announcements forum. You can’t add an attachment directly to that block.

Is that a composition screenshot from different pages? Where did you see the file upload area?

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Jon Bolton -
From the Latest Announcements block, click to read the full post called “Zipped Test”. Then in your administration block, go to FORUM settings > Edit settings.

In the Boost theme, click on the breadcrumb to go the main forum page (the one with all the discussions listed) then click in the cog in the top right to edit the settings.

I will stake money on that page showing only 1 attachment 😉
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Dave Weninger -
Thank you very much for your instruction. It works!
I found the "Edit settings" which is located at the "gear icon" on the top right hand corner. I can change the number of attachments now. However, teachers have to change the number on their own now when they want to use the latest announcement. Do you know how to change it by default? Let's say change it to 10, so that teachers need not change the value each time.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Best Regards,

Kelvin Ma
In reply to Dave Weninger

by Jon Bolton -
You said that you changed the default number of attachments for all forums -
just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, go to Site Admin > Plugins > Activity Modukes > Forum
or yourmoodle/admin/settings.php?section=modsettingforum

That will affect all new forums.

The only way to change it retrospectively for existing forums is to edit each forum or through the database - but if you use the database, it will set the value for ALL forums, including where teachers have intentionally set it lower or higher than the default.

If you have access to the database, try this:

UPDATE `mdl_forum` SET `maxattachments` = '9';
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Dave Weninger -
It works well. Thank you very much.
You help me a lot. Kelvin