Invalid Response, Invalid Response Value Detected in course overview (myoverview) block

Invalid Response, Invalid Response Value Detected in course overview (myoverview) block

by Scott Krajewski -
Number of replies: 5

We have one user who cannot see his courses on his dashboard's Course Overview (myoverview) block. HIs courses show up fine in the navigation tree and he can access them fine.

Both when he accesses his dashboard or when we login as him an error appears, "Invalid Response, Invalid Response Value Detected" and no courses are displayed in the block.  

Turning debugging on shows now additional info.

Moodle 3.6.5+ (Build: 20190816)

If someone can tell me where the query is that is generating the course list I'll test that out. But I can't find anything in the plugin that suggests which query is run.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Krajewski

Re: Invalid Response, Invalid Response Value Detected in course overview (myoverview) block

by Joseph Soukup -

I have the exact same problem, do you solve it already? 

In reply to Joseph Soukup

Re: Invalid Response, Invalid Response Value Detected in course overview (myoverview) block

by Scott Krajewski -
Thanks for asking. It may have been some bad data in the course start date field. This is what I did (quoting our internal ticket).

Just tested changing the filter from "all" to the others.

All - fails
In progress - works, shows 3 courses (practice site, moodle 101, fmr)
future - fails
past - works (none shown)

hidden and starred work.

So it's related to displaying his "regular" courses. Interesting.

So then I changed each one of his regular courses to have a start date before today, so it became "In progress", and refreshed the dashboard.

With each change "In progress" showed the course listed, no error.

After changing all the course start dates and then changing them back, now his dashboard works just fine. My best guess is something was strange with one of the dates on one of the courses and me re-saving the course settings (or changing the start date -- can't be sure) caused the data to be fixed.
In reply to Scott Krajewski

by Colegio Victoria -
Hi! I have the same exact problem. We migrated our data from MoodleCloud into our own server and this error pops out. We tried changing the dates but debugging says:

Error code: invalidparameter
* line 349 of \lib\externallib.php: invalid_parameter_exception thrown
* line 223 of \lib\externallib.php: call to external_api::validate_parameters()
* line 79 of \lib\ajax\service.php: call to external_api::call_external_function()
* line 33 of \lib\ajax\service-nologin.php: call to require_once()
In reply to Colegio Victoria

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
What default language were you using on MoodleCloud and is that the same on your new Moodle?

What timezone were you using on MoodleCloud and is that the same on your new Moodle?

What version (and build number) is your new Moodle?

What theme are you using?

Do you have any third-party plugins installed?

What environment is your new Moodle running on? OS, versions of PHP, MySQL, etc.

What’s the collation of your database tables?
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Colegio Victoria -

What default language were you using on MoodleCloud and is that the same on your new Moodle?
- en
What timezone were you using on MoodleCloud and is that the same on your new Moodle?
- not sure, I think it was America/Costa Rica
What version (and build number) is your new Moodle?
- 3.8.2+ (Build: 20200417)
What theme are you using?
- BOOST
Do you have any third-party plugins installed?
- some, but the error poped out before the installation of the plugins
What environment is your new Moodle running on? OS, versions of PHP, MySQL, etc.
- Windows Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1c PHP/7.3.11, MySQL 10.4.8-MariaDB - mariadb.org binary distribution
What’s the collation of your database tables?
- utf8mb4_unicode_ci

Hope any of this helps, but the error pops out ONLY when COURSE OVERVIEW is visible