Scheduled Forum Posts

Scheduled Forum Posts

by Lucien Stals -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I have an academic asking how to schedule a forum post to appear at a specific time and I can't find a wat to do this. They have come from another LMS which provides this function and want to know why they can't schedule posts in Moodle (we are using 3.5)

I can set an entire forum to appear at a given time using access restrictions, but how can I schedule an individual post to appear at a specific time?

I found this old forum post: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=230787

Was the issue of scheduled forum posts ever solved?

Thanks,

Lucien.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lucien Stals

Re: Scheduled Forum Posts

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Lucien,

It is possible to schedule forum discussions in Moodle. It is not possible to schedule a single forum post.

You can do this when you create a new discussion (From 3.7 you'll need to click the "Advanced" button when you write the discussion), by expanding the "Display period" section.

The discussion will only be e-mailed out when this time passes, and before this point will only be available to users with the "mod/forum:viewhiddentimedposts" capability (typically teachers).

Hope this helps,

Andrew
In reply to Andrew Lyons

Re: Scheduled Forum Posts

by Lucien Stals -

Wow. Thanks for that.

I feel foolish now. It turns out this feature is disabled on our instance of Moodle. I need to have a chat with the admin now ;)

I just assumed it wasn't available.