- It’s the latest version 3.7 of the app, hooked up to a pretty much out-of-the-box Moodle 3.5 site, tested on a range of Windows 10 machines.
- All the SCORMs work fine on the normal Moodle site, and on the Android
and iOS apps. It’s only the Windows desktop app that
doesn’t like them.
- The SCORMs were produced in various packages (Adapt, Gomo, Storyline, etc) and there doesn’t seem to be any pattern as to which ones work. Our client notes that newer ones are more likely to break but not always.
Just faced a similar issue. I changed Moodle website and SCORM setting to have the package appearing in the same window.
Can you send one of these SCORMs to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can check it? Please include a reference to this post so we can track it easily
Hi. I am also facing the same problem. Running the desktop app on Windows 10.
Available courses --- ok
Then when I click on one of the SCORM packages if the course, it says "loading" for a minute or two and then the screen just goes blank.
I'm not too familiar with SCORM, but I guess that people who know more than me would ask first:
Does the SCORM package run OK when using the browser (web version of Moodle)?
YES, That's what Chrystl mentioned in her first post:
All the SCORMs work fine on the normal Moodle site, and on the Android and iOS apps. It’s only the Windows desktop app that doesn’t like them.
Yes, exactly as Udo said. I've sent some SCORMs as Isabel suggested but no response as yet. I'll update this post when I know more.
Hi Crystal, did you get any solution from Isabel?
We've since upgraded our test site to Moodle 3.7 so need to do some further testing with that version to see if we can get anywhere.
The version available on Microsoft Store is problematic. The Windows 7 & 8 installer works just fine.
Under "Other Downloads"
No, problem still persists.
My course has 10 SCORM packages. 9 of them less than 100 mb, one is more than 100 mb. It is this one which is more than 100 mb which doesn’t download and crashes the system. Have increased user quota in site administration, but didn’t help.
The app works fine on my iPhone. The more than 100 mb package also downloaded without a problem. It is the windows desktop app that is giving this problem.
10/31/2019 10:08:25 AM CoreMimetypeUtilsProvider: Get file extension: Not valid extension tmp (anonymous) @ main.js:3401 CoreMimetypeUtilsProvider.getFileExtension @ main.js:16546 (anonymous) @ main.js:158343 readFileAfterClose @ fs.js:511
Hopefully you can provide some insight as to what might be causing this? I reiterate the point that the SCORMs themselves work fine in everything else (browser and app on mobile), it's only the desktop build that has issues.
sorry for the delay in answering. That warning can be ignored. The app always downloads the files with "tmp" extension and then they're renamed to the final name. E.g. we create a file named "myscorm.zip.tmp" and then we rename it to "myscorm.zip". We do it like this to prevent deleting the existing file if the download fails when updating a file that already exists. Some of our file system functions validate the extension and show a warning if it's not a valid one, that's why that message is displayed. We should probably stop showing the warning in this case.
I also see that warning in the console but the SCORM works fine in my Windows 10, so the error is caused by something else. One of the posts above mentions big SCORM packages, but the ones you sent us to test have a low size (2.5MB and 14MB). If those ones are failing for you it shouldn't be related to the SCORM size.
We still haven't been able to reproduce the issue, so unfortunately we can't provide a solution
We'll pay special attention to SCORM packages and Windows in our next release of the Moodle Desktop app.