A student is not able to view assignment

A student is not able to view assignment

by Kennedy Agutu -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

A student could not view assignment. What could be the reason? Have checked all settings, has anyone ever experienced the same. Will appreciate your feedback. 

Regards,

Ken

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kennedy Agutu

Re: A student is not able to view assignment

by Acqua Alta -
Hi Ken,
What do you mean exactly by "A student could not view assignment"? Please be more specific.
Do you mean that the teacher created an activity and the student can't even see it in the main page of the course, or that the student sees the activity but can't enter it?
In reply to Acqua Alta

by Kennedy Agutu -
The assignment is created from activity and other students can view the assignment but this one new student cannot view the assignment. The assignment is not visible in his account under courses.

by Acqua Alta -
You wrote "The assignment is not visible in his account under courses". Do you mean that the assignment is not visible when you enter the relevant course, or that the course itself is not available in the courses list?
In reply to Acqua Alta

by Kennedy Agutu -
The assignment is not vissible when the student logs in his account but other students can view the assignment. The assignment is always displayed under course.

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Can you provide some screenshots of what student is seeing, and what they’re supposed to be seeing, because I’m confused 😕
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Kennedy Agutu -

See attached below the two images

Attachment asign_teacher.png
Attachment stud.png

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Ok.

Is the assignment set to be visible to students?

Have you got any restricted access criteria set on the assignment?
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Kennedy Agutu -

There is no restriction, only one student is not able to view the assignment. 

by Acqua Alta -
Please go to the participants list of the course, and check if the student in issue has the same role as the students that can see the assignment.
I know that it is basic and I guess that you already checked it, but just to be on the safe side.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Acqua Alta

by Kennedy Agutu -
Hi Acqua,

Actually after checking roles on participants i found that the student was not assigned any role. So i went and assigned the him the role of a student and it worked. Thank you very much.