Multiple email messages - Moodle 3.7 - mdl_notifications

Re: Duplicate forum notification emails being sent - Moodle 3.7.1

by Brian Caballero -
Number of replies: 3

Hi @Erick,

I had the same issue with multiple notifications.  I checked this thread and followed the fix on LOCALE settings.   I changed it from `C.UTF-8` to `en_US.UTF-8"`.  But I'm still having same issues.  What other server configs do I need to change? Thank you.

In reply to Brian Caballero

by Erick de Azevedo Lima -
Hello, Brian. Sorry for the delay in my response. I got a lot of e-mails and the one containing the notification from your post just "got buried" in my mailbox. I only noticed your mention reading the post here in the moodle.org site. In fact, I could not change server settings for my Moodle sites. What I've done in each one of them was disabling the logging for tasks. The error occurs during the log operation, so I disabled this task logging it and will keep it disable until the Moodle team apply a patch correcting the real bug, that is on the database layer and not on logging/task. I documented a patch on the bug tracker on January 14th, because the bug is known and already had a "bug number", but, until this moment, I had no reply at all . And the saddest part is: Even it is a little piece of code, I think the patch will take a long time until it gets applied to stable Moodle, because this bug only affects sites from that uses locales that does not use the dot(.) as a decimal separator. Sad, but there's nothing more I can do.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Erick de Azevedo Lima

by Brian Caballero -
Thank you for the response Erick. Another thing i noticed related to the issue might be our Load Balancing. Locally I manage to replicate the multiple notification issue by executing two or more cron at the same time. The result depends on the number of subscribers within the forum.

On our case, all of our front-end executes cron. There are chances that two or more process run at the same time thus causing this error. This now leads me to question this part of moodle doc recommendation:
https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Cron#Running_cron_for_several_Moodle_servers

I'm now trying to look into this ticket for more info on how to set up a dedicated cron server for Moodle:
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=127108
In reply to Brian Caballero

by Camilo Ravelo Durán -
Hello Brian,
I don't think it is the load balancer. I have the same problem in a moodle with a load balancer and another moodle without a load balancer.