A very happy 17th birthday to Moodle

A very happy 17th birthday to Moodle

by S. kavita -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Testers

I would like to congratulate each and every one who is associated directly or indirectly to Moodle.

For me Moodle is my second love after my family because due to it I have happiness in my life. It has given me lot of opportunities in my career. What I am today even if it is small it is all because of Moodle.

I have so many friends because of Moodle. So on this very special occasion I would like to Thank Martin and the Moodle team.

Wish you a very happy birthday. May Moodle helps our society and learning environment grow more and more day by day.

Love you Moodle smile

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)
In reply to S. kavita

Re: A very happy 17th birthday to Moodle

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Amazing! Who would have thought that an open-source product would last this long? Thanks for reminding us of Moodle's birthday.

When Moodle was first released, that was the same point in time that I began using Blackboard. A year later, I had my first encounter with "wireless" Internet. Seems like yesterday. I began using Moodle in 2008, after around six frustrating years with BB and WebCT. I have never looked back.

Yes, many friends that I have around the world, including you, S. Kavita! I have met many at various MoodleMoots. Hope to see everyone in Barcelona this November.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes S - it is my second love after my family too (I have to make sure I say that smile smile ) And yes Rick - I hope to see you (again) in November.
I'm going to move this thread to the Lounge and hopefully more people can wish Moodle a happy 17th.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers
Mary, thanks for moving it to this thread even after 8 years I do mistakes in Moodle Forum.
I also wanted to meet you desperately. Please try to come in Indian Moodle Moot
In reply to Rick Jerz

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers
My Pleasure Rick.
You know in the Moodle Moot we got the chance to interact with Martin and it feels amazing to meet the person who his behind all your work success.
In reply to S. kavita

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I had my 16th Moodle birthday last month 🎂 - first accessed Moodle.org on Sunday 13 July 2003 at 10:30am, although I’d downloaded and installed it some weeks before. It’s a great product and a fantastic community.