DMS Setup problem

DMS Setup problem

by Tunç Yalgin -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I tried to install DMS but encountered a problem after calling setup.php... Here are the details.

1. I'm using Moodle 1.5.3+ and PHP 5.1.1 (Server 2003, IIS6)
2. I downloaded DMS and followed installation instructions.
3. Setting.php displays everything ok...
4. When I click on "Go on to the DMS", I get the following error for the following page: http://elearning/moodle_int/dms/index.php

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_int\dms\inc\inc.Settings.php on line 40

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_int\dms\inc\inc.Settings.php on line 41

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_int\dms\inc\inc.Settings.php on line 42

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_int\dms\inc\inc.Settings.php on line 43

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_int\dms\inc\inc.Settings.php:40) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_int\dms\interface\moodle\loader.php on line 56

I tried to fiddle with the paths in inc.settings.php but can't seem to get anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tunç
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tunç Yalgin

Re: DMS Setup problem

by John Papaioannou -
Looks like DMS can't find its way to your Moodle config.php file. Is it in the Moodle directory as it's supposed to be?

The actual inclusion of the file is done from /dms/interface/moodle/loader.php, which in turn is included from /dms/index.php. If you can't find anything wrong with config.php, try looking into these two files to see where they are trying to find it (and why it's not there).
In reply to John Papaioannou

Re: DMS Setup problem

by Tunç Yalgin -
Yes, config.php is where it should be in the moodle directory...

I deleted config.php to see what would happen if loader.php could not find it, and it gives a different error message: "Warning: require(../config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream..."

When I copy config.php back into place this error disappears and my old error (the one I posted before) returns.

So I don't think the problem is with config.php... Any other suggestions?

Thanks