"Import" doesn't create sections/topics

"Import" doesn't create sections/topics

by Anna-Maria Laattala -
Number of replies: 1

I'm using 3.6 Moodle and when I import a course on another I get a course that has only the amount of sections that the default amount in Moodle courses is and all the rest of the sections are hidden. So if I have a blank course, that has (our) default Announcement-forum and 4 sections (Topic 1, Topic 2, Topic 3, Topic 4) and I import my old course that has 8 sections I get the first 4 sections (and activities and resources in those).  If I set editing on I can see the 4 other sections that are hidden. Then I have to create 4 sections more in order to get those sections and materials to show in my course. Wouldn't it be more usable if the blank course gets the amount of sections with import? Then it would be possible for teachers to copy their courses easily.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna-Maria Laattala

Re: "Import" doesn't create sections/topics

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Anna-Maria,
I don't know if the Usability forum is the best place to ask this question. A moderator may wish to move it to the backup/restore or general forum.

Regarding your question: when you import a course or restore a backup, it takes the settings from the source course. If a section is hidden in the source, it will be hidden in the target.

Unhiding a section should be able using the 'Edit section' menu, selecting the Show option.