Report Book chapter viewed

Report Book chapter viewed

by Gordon McLeod -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a configurable sql report to show which users in a course have accessed specific chapters in Book activities (eg if I know the course id, book id and chapter id). I was looking for a way to tell if students have looked at specific reading material within a course, rather than just clicked into the book, such as have they accessed the final chapter of books 1, 2 and 3. That won't tell me if they have read (or understood) the content, but it will differentiate between students just opening the activity and moving on, and those who have accessed content beyond the first screen.

Regards, Gordon.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon McLeod

Re: Report Book chapter viewed

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Gordon,

Have you looked in the logs to see the events related to Book? They are there already.

In 3.7, at least, there is an event for "Chapter viewed" and the description does tell you which chapter of which book has been viewed by which user at what time. So, yes, as the data is there, it would be possible to build such a report.

Randy

Attachment screenshot_5247.jpg
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Gordon McLeod -

Thanks Randy,

I was sure the data was somewhere in Moodle backend - I just wasn't sure how to pull that into a report so it could be presented as part of an overall review for the courses.

Regards, Gordon.

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Carlos García Arano -

Hi, I just have a question about this, do you know if it's possible to change the description? I need to avoid the use of the 'id' number, and shows the name or item related to that id instead.

Any help will be really appreciated.