Question ID Number ? How do I use this?

Re: Question ID Number ? How do I use this?

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
To be honest, the only real use at the moment is https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_embedquestion.

You cannot have tow questions with the same idnumber in the same question category.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sarra Lev -

When I export in GIFT format, there is a number attached to each question. Is this number in any way related to the ID number box (does Moodle automatically assign one if I haven't)? Does the ID number I enter override the one that Moodle has exported with GIFT? Does that number remain with the question regardless of where it is (if I move it to a different category? to a different course?)  I'm quite confused about these numbers.

Thanks,

Sarra

In reply to Sarra Lev

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Sara,

When I export in GIFT format, there is a number attached to each question. Is this number in any way related to the ID number box?
No. This is an internal question number defined automatically by Moodle.

(does Moodle automatically assign one if I haven't)?
Moodle automatically assigns this internal question number whether or not you have set an ID number.

Does the ID number I enter override the one that Moodle has exported with GIFT?
No.

Does that number remain with the question regardless of where it is (if I move it to a different category? to a different course?)
Yes.

I'm quite confused about these numbers.
Do you have any problems with these numbers? If not, I think you shouldn't worry too much about them.

Tim or another developer could confirm the above and help you if you have further questions.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Sarra Lev -

Thank you so much. Very helpful.