New Content Monthly Report Sql Query

New Content Monthly Report Sql Query

by Giannis Mouskountakis -
Number of replies: 2

Greeting Everybody.

I am currently working for a company that uses Moodle as an educational platform for technical and corporate traning. The company is interested in the creation of a monthly report that will contain all the content that has been aadded on the Moodle enviroment during the last month. By content i mean every new course, every new educational resource (docx files, pdfs,videos, etc.) and every new activity (mutiple choice quizzes, assignments, etc.).  The Moodle and the PHP versions are both 3.4, the Moodle database is MariaDB and the operating system of the Moodle server is linux (CentOS). Curently the company is using the configurable reports plugin for the creation of various other reports. I would like to ask if there is an appropriate sql query, or a plugin or even a different external tool for the creation of this particular report. 

All help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best Regards,

John Mouskountakis

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giannis Mouskountakis

Re: New Content Monthly Report Sql Query

by David Saylor -
You may be able to get some of the information you want out of the Logs report if you filter by "Created" action event types, though its probably not exactly what you're looking for and I don't think the date filter is very flexible.

Report is located under Site Admin -> Reports -> Logs and then filter actions to created.

If that doesn't work, I think you'll need to build this custom and whether that is in PHP as a new plugin or SQL for configurable reports, it will be pretty complex.

I'm not aware of any report that already exists for this purpose.
In reply to David Saylor

Απάντηση: Re: New Content Monthly Report Sql Query

by Giannis Mouskountakis -
Hello David,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have some experience with Moodle and i know ofthe Logs report. Unfortunately this is not what we are looking for. I have tried to find a query that would provide the desired results but i was not able to find one. I am not sure if one exists at the moment. I thought it was worth a try asking if somebody came across something similar before. I think that this query might have to be created from scratch. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.