Who gets the report of the automated course backup? Can I change that?

Who gets the report of the automated course backup? Can I change that?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I have noticed that the recipient of the automated course backup report is the main administrator, 'admin'. Does anybody else, site administrators for example, get the same? Can I make the report to be sent to a separate e-mail address? The docs https://docs.moodle.org/en/Automated_course_backup#Backups_report doesn't answer this. I am interested in Moodle versions 3.1 (LTS), 3.5 (LTS) and 3.7.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Who gets the report of the automated course backup? Can I change that?

by Ray Hinton -
Hi Vivanath,

I am wondering the same thing! I don't see anywhere in the settings for Automated course backups to add a user, email address, or change anything about the report and its email.

In my current site, the other site administrator does not receive the course backup report.

Therefore, if I had to change who was receiving the report, I would either change the main administrator, or change the email address for that account. Of course, those are not ideal solutions, but if I was in a bind and needed to do it, that's the best I can think of.

I could have missed something else in the documentation or site settings, but with your experienced eyes also coming to the same conclusion, it seems likely that there is no good way to change this. I'll reply if I find anything else, and cross my fingers hoping someone else will come along and show us some unknown solution!

- Ray
In reply to Ray Hinton

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Looks like it is hardcoded in this file: /moodle/backup/util/helper/backup_cron_helper.class.php
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Indeed! It is the line 'eventdata->userto = $admin', in ./backup/util/helper/backup_cron_helper.class.php.

It would have been nice, if this was configurable. But not high priority.

Thanks a lot!
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

You could/should create a tracker issue asking for implementing a better solution, to allow define who should receive this report. But be clear, and propose details of a way to do it, if you want to have chance to see this included in a future version.

Séverin
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Done: Make the recipient of the automated backup status to be configurable MDL-67566
Average of ratings: Useful (2)