Adaptable 2.1.0 Support Thread

Re: Adaptable 2.1.0 Support Thread

by Jez H -
Number of replies: 27
Hi Niall,

I am afraid you cannot disable that on the profile field, we overrode the renderer, I am not sure if it is possibel to prevent that with a setting.
For info that change was not made for teachers, it was made for students to try and encourage them to add to their profile, but it is an additional click to "login as" and access other information.

The issue with block headers has already been fixed in the our latest version on GIT, we will have to put another update out shortly to remedy that here on Moodle.Org, for now you can try this version:

https://gitlab.com/3bits/moodle-theme_adaptable2/-/archive/master/moodle-theme_adaptable2-master.zip
In reply to Jez H

by Niall Sheehan -
Thank you for the reply. I noticed that the version has been updated, however none of our sites are seeing the update to 2019081500, requiring a manual update, if you hadn't posted that there was an update, we wouldn't have known. Curious if any others Moodle installs are seeing the Adaptable update?

Testing now.

I believe it is because the plugin is listed at as:
 [Warning] Declared maturity level [MATURITY_BETA]
Headings are still not quite right. The padding is not correct.
Also noticed that the 'favicon' is broken after the 2019081500 update.
The path is adding the domain info to the path twice: <link rel="icon" href="https://www.site.com//www.site.com/pluginfile.php/1/theme_adaptable/favicon/1566212898/favicon.png" />

In reply to Niall Sheehan

by Niall Sheehan -
Question, where can we tweak the front page course list style? Colours do not reflect what we would like to see. We are using the standard Tiles layout.

Thank you again.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you looked at the 'rendereroverlaycolor' setting Niall?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Niall Sheehan -

What does that have to do with the Front Page "My Courses" shown as Tiles?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

RE: "What does that have to do with the Front Page "My Courses" shown as Tiles?"

It is used to affect their colour.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Niall Sheehan -
Can you point me at this documented feature? Finding rendereroverlaycolor with in Adaptable is like finding a needle in a haystack.
To be clear I am NOT using Tiles with Overlay, just Tiles.

by Jez H -
Moodle has a feature to search the admin settings, you can use that to find that setting.

There is not documentation for adaptable, I may have a go once the version for 3.8 is released but its a big job. If you or anyone else wants to help with that you can as Moodle docs are a wiki anyone can contribute to.
In reply to Jez H

by Niall Sheehan -

The rendereroverlaycolor setting is for the Tile with Overlay. we're not using that layout. As mentioned we are using Tiles only (see attachment). The default colors for these are what I'm referencing.

Attachment Moodle-tiles-ONOVERLAY.JPG

by Jez H -
ok I will go through those settings and check to see if there are any not working properly

by Niall Sheehan -
FWIW the Tiles with Overlay has a style setting for the CIMBOX Image background, set to: #fff, is there a way to change this?
div class="cimbox" style="background: #FFF url() no-repeat center center; background-size: contain;">

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Jez H -
Hi Niall,

Moodle won't show you the upgrade via the admin console if it is in Beta which this version has been put back to due to some of the issues you raise. We will look at these asap.
In reply to Jez H

by Niall Sheehan -
How do I go back to the previous version?

by Jez H -
Moodle does not let you downgrade plugins, you either have to increment the version in the old plugin file or decrement your database version before installing the old version again.

What is it that is causing the issue for you now, I ask as I think a number of the issues raised here have been fixed already in our GIT repo and we were planning to put out another point release shortly.
In reply to Jez H

by Niall Sheehan -
PLEASE make this Adaptable Profile Page an option. We are getting far too many complaints from staff and users. There are options MISSING such as selecting a prefered theme. To get to this you nao have to go to the More Tab, find Administration and Edit Preferences. Before you selected the user and on the SINGLE PAGE NO TAB layout you clicked Edit Profile and there it was. It is also far easier to go to the profile as a teacher and manage the student WITHOUT THE TABS. The Simple Grid was far more useable.

by Michael Farrell -
I agree, we also got tons of complaints from students and faculty about not being able to see all of the fields as a result of the upgrade. One page clean look was by far better and easier to manage.
In reply to Michael Farrell

by Jez H -
We have issues open to look at this and will see what can be done.
In reply to Michael Farrell

by Jez H -
Ok we have added the feature to disable the tabbed profile view though I have not tested this yet:

https://gitlab.com/3bits/moodle-theme_adaptable2/issues/358

From there you can find the commit if you need to patch your existing system.

It will be a few weeks before we resolve all the other issues we need to in order to make another release containing this feature, the current master branch has a number of other issues that need to be resolved so you should not upgrade to that on a prod site.

by Jez H -
Ok we will look to see if that can be done with the profile page.
In reply to Jez H

by Niall Sheehan -

Thank you

by Niall Sheehan -
Updated to the Profile Tabs optional version this morning on the dev server, there is now something called a zoomicon between the main content and the blocks. Haven't found and setting for this, such as disable.

For now:
#zoominicon.right {
visibility: hidden !important;
}

require.min.js:1 Uncaught Error: No define call for theme_adaptable/zoomin
    at makeError (require.min.js:1)
    at Object.completeLoad (require.min.js:1)
    at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptLoad (require.min.js:1)

Favicon path is fixed. Thank you!!
This will resolve the 2019081500 version issues causing problems for one of our sites.

by Gareth J Barnard -

If you're getting "Uncaught Error: No define call for theme_adaptable/zoomin" then you have not 'Purged all caches'.

Re: Adaptable 2.1.1 Support Thread

by Niall Sheehan -

FWIW, the Zoom feature does seem to work with Moodle 3.7.1, but not with 3.7.2. On the 2 site running 3.7.2, the JS error is seen. Regardless of Moodle Version the Disable option doesn't disable the Zoom feature.

by Niall Sheehan -
Purging the cache also resolved the disable option

Thank you again

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, so are you saying that it does work now on 3.7.2 as it does work for me on such.

In reply to Jez H

by Jorge Sanchez -

Hello

Would also like to know about the profile field setting. Would like to be able to view something similar to before as having to click edit profile every time to find the user required fields I feel is a step back from what was available before.

Everything else on this theme is great.

Thank You!

In reply to Jorge Sanchez

by Jez H -
Hi Jorge,

In the latest version (which we will release next week) it will be possible to disable our profile page and revert to the core Moodle one.
You always have to click "edit profile" from "view profile" though, even in core, the view and edit profile pages are separate.