New user confirmation email

New user confirmation email

by Kate Rogers -
Number of replies: 4

Good morning, 

Our confirmation emails are being bounced, and I think it is because the message ID is coming up as: d73ac93e3c21378b14869dce81ae03d6@moodle.fhft.nhs.net

Could anyone please advise me how to update this?

Thank you, 

Kate

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Rogers

Re: New user confirmation email

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
The message ID is rarely the reason for rejecting mail. You have to look at you mail server logs and/or post the details of your e-mail configuration here.
In reply to Kate Rogers

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Kate, it’s likely that nhs.net is rejecting it because the email address is not a valid nhs.net user. See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=382462#p1541843

It may be working for other domains - you can check that by changing your own email address to your personal email account and then sending a message.

In probability order, check the following settings:

• the No-reply address (Site admin > Server > Email > Outgoing mail configuration).
  • the main admin user’s email address.
  • the support contact email (Site admin > Server > Support contact)

I suspect it’s the no-rely address, and you should change that to a valid nhs.net account (even if you have to set one up especially for Frimley Health’s Moodle).

Also, what version of Moodle are you on?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Kate Rogers -

The user that told me about the 'spoof' email was definitely an nhs.net user.

I imagine our version of Moodle is problematic, we are currently trying to get IT to allow us to upgrade it at the moment, but as we are an NHS Trust - this is a long process. Our current version is: Moodle 2.9.2 (Build: 20150914)

It's such an old build that I tried to follow your very helpful guide to detect the outgoing mail settings, but that route doesn't work on our version. 

I believe the main admin user and support contact is the same: fhft.tel@nhs.net.