Changing date on multiple quizzes

Changing date on multiple quizzes

by John Andre -
Number of replies: 4

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I would think it is not a new issue.

I just received notification that our semester has been delayed by two weeks. Now, all the dates I setup for my quizzes are off by exactly two weeks. I have 12 of these so I could reset all the dates manually, but is there a way to say, "Delay all the dates on the quizzes in this course by n-days?"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Andre

Re: Changing date on multiple quizzes

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not yet but the plugin activity dates will let you change multiple activity dates at once.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Cris Fuhrman -
I also will plug my tampermonkey script (for the Tampermonkey plugin in Chrome) that helps out with date manipulation in the plugin. 

You can copy/paste dates as text fields (the script syncs the text field with the Moodle controls), which saves a ton of clicking.

Animated demo of how the TamperMonkey script works with the Dates plugin and Chrome.

I just used it yesterday to set the dates/times of 13 quizzes in my course for this fall.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to John Andre

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The Dates report is an excellent plugin. However, in your situation you may be able to use the core course reset function (in course settings below restore and import). You can change the course start date with that, and it should change all assignment dates in relation to that. Only use this if there is no important user data, as it will delete most of that. If there is user data, you may be able to achieve the same thing safely with backup and restore.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by John Andre -
Thanks, Daniel. That worked out perfectly for the quizzes and everything else.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)