when i try to add questions from question bank browser getting stuck

when i try to add questions from question bank browser getting stuck

by Kanushka Martinus -
Number of replies: 2

We upgraded from 2.9.1 to 3.5.3. 

we can make a quiz but when i click "edit quiz" and attempt to show the question bank the browser just freezes when trying to load the question bank.  i have made the questions in the bank and  then trying to add them to the quiz.  However the screen just sits there as if it is frozen.  You have to close the browser and reopen it to try again but it continues to happen.

I made a quiz in another course and added questions from the bank.  However in that course, I only had a few questions in the bank rather than a lot .  These other classes have a large number of questions in their categories within their question bank and the bank is not loading.

I turned on debugging but it won't show any errors since the screen just freezes.  I have tried this in both firefox and chrome with no success.

Please help.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kanushka Martinus

Re: when i try to add questions from question bank browser getting stuck

by Tim Hunt -
Core developersನ ಚಿತ್ರ Documentation writersನ ಚಿತ್ರ Particularly helpful Moodlersನ ಚಿತ್ರ Peer reviewersನ ಚಿತ್ರ Plugin developersನ ಚಿತ್ರ
Can you try looking in your web browser's developer tools. You can nomally get this by pressing F12, then look for something called 'Console'. Is there anything that looks like an error message in there? If so, please copy and paste the full message here.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: when i try to add questions from question bank browser getting stuck

by Ahmed Saad -

We are stuck at the same problem this is what we are getting in console, can anyone help

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token  in JSON at position 0

at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)

at i.load_done (yui_combo.php?m/1579675704/question/qbankmanager/qbankmanager-min.js&m/1579675704/mod_quiz/quizquestionbank/quizquestionbank-min.js:2)

at e.Subscriber._notify (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:40)

at e.Subscriber.notify (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:40)

at e.CustomEvent._notify (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:39)

at e.CustomEvent._procSubs (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:39)

at e.CustomEvent.fireSimple (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:39)

at e.CustomEvent._fire (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:39)

at o.fire (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:40)

at o._evt (yui_combo.php?rollup/3.17.2/yui-moodlesimple-min.js&rollup/1579675704/mcore-min.js:206)