Should we do this? An 'Export this question' button in the question bank - cont'd

Should we do this? An 'Export this question' button in the question bank - cont'd

by Dominique Bauer -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

With reference to https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=324018:

ForumQuiz-20190810-1104.png

You could just as easily have asked if the export of XML files is necessary... You might not have obtained, in this forum, answers that really convince you from one way or the other.

Yet you had answered your question very well yourself: The reason for doing this is that at the moment, it is a real pain to export one question.

Why assume that whoever uses XML file export is not, at one time or another, in the same situation as you? (In fact, currently, I am).

Here's what the interface should look like:

ForumQuiz-20190810-1054.png

— If anyone gives you a bad attitude, just ignore them. NEVER respond to these people - they have forgotten what it is to be new in a community and are not worth your time. There are lots of good people around. Michael Milette ↗

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: Should we do this? An 'Export this question' button in the question bank - cont'd

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
That's something I would really like to see.
At the moment I can export whole categories or all the questions from a quiz.
But when you want to exchange questions with another teacher in another institution it would be very helpful to choose which questions you want to export.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matthias Giger

Re: Should we do this? An 'Export this question' button in the question bank - cont'd

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Of course, the  Create a new question...  button should not appear here and only the 'Manage tags' and 'Preview' icons should be kept. Here is the correct version:

ForumQuiz-20190810-1054a.png

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Note, MDL-63738 got done in Moodle 3.6:
Example of the feature

Putting it on the Preview question page isn't brilliant user-interface design, but I couldn't think of anything better, and at least this got the feature implemented. We can alwasy improve the UI later.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Dominique Bauer -

I should have checked the release notes. This feature will be very useful for me and probably for many other users and administrators. Thank you for doing it.

This feature may not be known to everyone. It may be useful to temporarily add the following note under the Question bank / Export tab:

To export questions one by one in the XML Moodle format, follow these steps:

• Preview a question, for example by going first to Question bank / Questions
  • In the preview window, click "Download this question in XML Moodle format"