We have a custom module that we have used for a number of years and different Moodle versions for student submission of their senior projects. Long story short, it has broken with our upgrade to Moodle 3.6. We've had to 'fix' the code between Moodle versions in the past, but now no longer have access to the developer who wrote the original module. We're trying to work with other programmers in our campus tech services department, but PHP is not their strong suit.
- Students are getting an Exception message when they try to save their project information: "Exception - Argument 1 passed to message_send() must be an instance of core\message\message, instance of stdClass given, called in [dirroot]/mod/seniorproject/locallib.php on line 189".
- Line 189 is: message_send($sp_notify);
- $sp_notify in this case is defined in line 178 as: $sp_notify = new stdClass(); and is constructed over the next several lines (179-188) before being passed to message_send().
- Should we be defining $sp_notify differently in Moodle 3.6 compared to Moodle 3.5?
- We get the same exception notice showing up referencing line 65 in locallib.php, which is the same message_send($sp_notify); function call, and the same setting up of $sp_notify as an instance of StdClass().
Any advice would be much appreciated. We'll probably have to move senior project submission out of Moodle, since without a dedicated developer anymore I don't think this is sustainable, but if we could put a bandaid on this to fix the module for Moodle 3.6, that would be helpful. Thanks. keith