Slideshow module again

Re: Slideshow module again

by PBSL John -
Number of replies: 2

Regarding the centre option, what resolution is your screen? When the centred option is active what gets centred is a 960px div (slide image and comments column). If your resolution is on the lower end the div might take up the whole width of the screen, cancelling the effect.

I've made comments optional now, and the second column is only displayed if comments are enabled and/or captions are shown to the right of the image. With comments disabled and captions either off or above/below the image you should see the effect of enabling centred images.

In reply to PBSL John

by Michael Veit -

OK. If the setting "Centred?" works (slideshow admin setting) depends on wether comments are allowed or not:

If the standard page "view.php" is displayed:

• allowed --> no function --> always left
  • not allowed --> function --> centred (default) or left

But the comments are always above on the standard page (view.php) and then would be nice if the images are displayed also centred (and the comments also).

In reply to Michael Veit

by PBSL John -

I think this may have to do with your screen's resolution (what resolution do you have?). If comments are enabled the whole section is probably too wide to notice whether it is centred or not. I can't think of any elegant alternative other than allowing comments to be disabled. That makes the section narrower, which makes it clear when it is centred. See the attached image: the top is the result with centerd disabled, the bottom is the result with centred enabled on a 1600x900 screen.

If this is not how it's being displayed on your Moodle installation, you may not be running the latest version, see my last post for the link.

Attachment centredfalsetruesmall.png