General add-ons

 
 
Picture of PBSL John
Re: Slideshow module again
 

Pushed changes to github with various fixes. I also sent a pull request to Paul Vaughan's repo yesterday, to try and keep the module from fragmenting too much.

The position of the images is always left. The settting of the position hasn't function.

Do you mean the "Centred" setting? It works for me in both Chrome and Firefox.

The thumbnails in the caption page will be displayed only if the file is really ending with the extension jpg.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, .png and .jpg files both show the thumbnail on the caption editing page for me.

view.php

    • line 51 - 58: add <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> --> so the special characters (e.g. ä, ü) are displayed correctly if the background is white.

 Incorporated this, and also fixed the markup. It was missing html and body opening tags.

captions.php

    • line 38: add the full name of the course in the header

Added it to media.php and the autopopup as well

I found another bug:

    • The description can be found in the html code, but isn't visible on the website. It might be behind the image. If you delete the image from the website (not from the slideshow) than you can see the description.

I fixed both under the image and to the right of the image caption display.

Might I suggest you clone one of the repositories on github? It's easier than using zip files to share changes.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Veit
Re: Slideshow module again
 

"The thumbnails in the caption page will be displayed only if the file is really ending with the extension jpg.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, .png and .jpg files both show the thumbnail on the caption editing page for me."

 

OK. Probably it is caused by the uppercase. To accept uppercase and lowercase in the file extension, add in lib.php in line 345 "i":

Zele 345: if (  preg_match("/\.jpe?g$/i", $file_record->filename) || preg_match("/\.gif$/i", $file_record->filename) || preg_match("/\.png$/i", $file_record->filename))

Regards
Michael

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of PBSL John
Re: Slideshow module again
 

Fixed it and pushed to the repo. Thanks for your input smile

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Veit
Re: Slideshow module again
 

"The thumbnails in the caption page will be displayed only if the file is really ending with the extension jpg.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, .png and .jpg files both show the thumbnail on the caption editing page for me."

 

Once again, the thumbnails in the caption page don't appear, because it is set generally the file extension ".jpg". Also is displayed the filename always with the filename extension ".jpg, regardless of which it is actually. This is the case on my local system as well as on the test server. Until now, I don't found the cause.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of PBSL John
Re: Slideshow module again
 

You might be running an outdated version; I fixed this a few revisions ago and it's currently working for me with png images (see attached image). Here is the latest version.


 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Veit
Re: Slideshow module again
 

In another slideshow it is always the extension ".PNG". There are images with this extension but not all. The images have different extensions. The position of the image (postion 1, 2, 3, ...) with the displayed extension is different, not always the same.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of PBSL John
Re: Slideshow module again
 

Do you mean that the images with different extension aren't displaying? Were they displayed in previous versions (Paul Vaughan or James Barrett's)? I think the module expects all images to be the same format, allowing multiple formats might be quite a big change; I'll have a look tomorrow.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Michael Veit
Re: Slideshow module again
 

Thumbnails/(Imagees) with different extension in the same slideshow don't be displayed in the caption page. In the slideshow modules (for moodle 1.X) from James Barrett the thumbnails in the caption page have been produced by the database information: slideshow_captions --> image and the html code ".jpg". This worked as long as only jpg file extension were accepted.

In the version for moodle 2.x there weren't thumbnails on the caption page.

If you can solve it, it would be a fine thing.

In my version I changed the database record in the table slideshow_comments in the field image. If it is a new slideshow, the filename is written with extension. If it is a old slideshow, the thumbnails in the caption page are also displayed. Wether the change is applied to the database depends on the server. Maybe it could be also a solution for you.

 

 
Average of ratings: -