Visibility of courses

Visibility of courses

by Shakirullah Hamza -
Number of replies: 3

Is it possible to make some courses visible to a certain cohort. For example there are 2 cohorts A and B and there are a total of 6 courses. The first 3 courses i want to make visible for cohort A and the second 3 courses i want to make available for cohort B. But i dont want to enroll either of these cohorts into the courses. I want them to manually enroll into these.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shakirullah Hamza

Re: Visibility of courses

by Dominique Palumbo -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

You can use "Self enrolment method" behind menu "course administration->Users->Enrolled users->enrolment method".
And in "Self enrolment method (student)" select the cohort that you want to enroll in the course by selected it in the list "Only cohort members" at the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure that the course will be invisible for others but they cannot be enroll in it.

Hope it's help.

Dominique.

In reply to Dominique Palumbo

by Shakirullah Hamza -
Hey,

thanks for your reply, i know about the self enrollment method but this does not hide the courses.
Is there any functionality or plugin that could achieve my goal?

- Shaki
In reply to Shakirullah Hamza

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers
Hi Shakirullah,

Are you using default Moodle layout? If yes then you can do one changes without custom work i.e. go to Front Page settings > Select Enrolled Courses for after login and before login.
Other than that I do not find any suitable plugin for you.

Regards,
S.Kavita