Unoconv - unsupported and pdf may be corrupt

Unoconv - unsupported and pdf may be corrupt

by Heather P -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

I'm on Moodle 3.6, Windows server 2016 php 7, IIS 10 and Microsoft SQL.

I am trying to make the feedback in pdf annotated format work.

For server paths I have ticks at the side of the path to both Ghostscript and the Unoconv.

When I run the test for the unoconv it says I have an unsupported version which when I look back through the forums it looks like everyone has an unsupported version.

When I try to mark an uploaded document i get variations of either an outright error alert pop up saying it cannot open the pdf. The file may be corrupt or in an unsupported format. Or I get a bar near the bottom saying that some of the documents may need to be downloaded.

Has anyone got this method of document conversion working on Windows? If yes how?

We used to use the Google drive version, but I'm unsure in terms of privacy and it has become really difficult to configure so I don't really want to pursue that one unless the Unoconv really doesn't work on Windows.

Than you

Heather

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather P

Re: Unoconv - unsupported and pdf may be corrupt

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can use Google docs - which works great. Unoconv is rubbish, I really wouldn't bother.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Unoconv - unsupported and pdf may be corrupt

by Heather P -
I had google docs all sorted out when we were on an Ubuntu platform, but Google docs have upgraded and changed significantly and I think they basically chopped my project off through lack of use. I only used it for Moodle. I've tried to set it up again but I can't seem to get it to give me the verification page to put on our site and without that there is no way that it is going to work.

There was some question over privacy on a Google site (which I did not pursue with any kind of vigour) and with GDPR I was erring on the side of caution with using the unconv instead.

Looks like I shall have to wrestle it some more as the unconv doesn't seem to want to work at all.
Thank you.