QR Code

QR Code

by Kevin Leliard -
Number of replies: 6

Thanks for a pretty cool plugin.

Please would you consider updating the QR code on the certificate so that when scanned would take the person to the website and verify the certificate. The verification needs to give all the certificate details on the certificate and not just.

• Full name: User
  • Course:Course
  • Certificate: Certificate name

e.g add Passing Score and Date at a minimum.

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is to have a link to the certificate so it can be viewed online.

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Leliard

Re: QR Code

by Jerwyn Fernandez -
Hi Mark,

This is such a wonderful plugin!

I am also interested in Kevin's proposal, im willing to co-found this project.

How much money do we need to raise to make this project working?

More powers and Kind regards,
In reply to Jerwyn Fernandez

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks Jerwyn, glad you like it.

I am not doing much Moodle development these days (I have moved to another Software company). I would contact a Moodle partner (I know Catalyst NZ have done Custom certificate development in the past) and see if they can do it, and what the cost will be. I will happily peer review these changes and include them in the plugin all going well.

Regards,

Mark
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Simon Garcia -

Hi Mark

Thanks for the great plugin. Is there a way to modify the web address in the custom certificate QR code. It currently goes to our moodle login page and I would like to change it to go to our verify certificate page instead. I have enabled the anyone to verify section in the certificate settings. Thanks Simon

In reply to Simon Garcia

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Simon,

It currently does link to the verify certificate page, it's just if that page requires a login you will be redirected. Ensure you have the setting 'Allow anyone to verify a certificate' set to true.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Dave Emsley -
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the responses. Sorry to jump on this thread but my Moodle is set to 'Allow anyone to verify a certificate' yet still goes to home page. Is there any way to adjust this please?

Cheers

Dave
In reply to Dave Emsley

by Dave Emsley -
Hi Mark, Simon,

I've discovered why - I was looking at an example certificate. Look at a real one and bingo - works perfectly

Cheers

Dave