Problem with activity restrictions and manually marking an item complete

Problem with activity restrictions and manually marking an item complete

by Thomas Robb -
Number of replies: 3

We recently upgraded to 3.7.1 from 3.6.4.  We are seeing a few issues.  This is the first I wanted to ask about (forgive me I'm a big green with the latest on Moodle).

We have two activities (pages).  Page A is setup to manually mark it complete.  Page B is setup to restrict access until Page A is marked complete.  Upon marking Page A complete, page B still shows restricted until I refresh the browser window.

I set this same scenario up in the Mount Orange Moodle sandbox and the page refreshes almost immediately upon marking the item complete manually.

Hoping I'm missing some obvious setting.  Can someone point me in a general direction of things to check first, second, third?  

One thing I did find was that Server Checks (Site Admin > Server > Environment) is recommending change the PHP setting opcache.enable.  Seems logical, but thought I'd check with more experienced users.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Robb

Re: Problem with activity restrictions and manually marking an item complete

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I would have thought that behaviour is to be expected. Moodle hasn't quite caught up with the trend towards "single page application" all driven by Javascript. Completion is handled by a cron process and, yes, you would need to refresh the page to see the change. There may even be a delay before that comes good too.

It's a good idea to set opcache.enable for performance reasons. Nothing to do with your original question.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Thomas Robb -
Interesting thing is that when I use the Mount Orange Demo site, the behavior is that the next activity opens up automatically with no page refresh. So must be some javascript in there somewhere or a plug-in handling it.
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I've never seen it, so I can't comment. Seems strange it's different, though.