User profile custom fields mantory

User profile custom fields mantory

by Nilesh Pathade -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I am using user profile custom fields which are mandatory.

Setting which I required: Email-based self-registration ( so the user can self-register)

Profile fields should be locked  

I have added 2 fields as user profile fields as mandatory.

when the user uses the self-register form ( signup.php ). it showing me fields mandatory.

But some time admin can also add the user by Site administration -> Users -> Account -> Add new user

that time those custom profile fields not showing as mandatory ( Not showing the red mark as required)  and also can add the user without adding this part. When user login then it redirect to completed profile but these fields are locked. How he can complete fields.??

Please help me.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nilesh Pathade

Re: User profile custom fields mantory

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you want them to be locked or mandatory? The user can't enter them if they are locked. Empty is still locked.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: User profile custom fields mantory

by Nilesh Pathade -
Thanks for the reply.

Just let me know? Is it possible the custom user profile fields mandatory while creating a user? by signup.php or by adding admin?

I know when I am adding a user by signup page it shows mandatory It's working fine
but when an admin adds then it's not showing mandatory. ( And user login then it shows that your profile is not complete)

And it should be locked once the user created. i.e field should not be locked when it saves as empty.