Auto set Comptetency Rating as "Competent" after finish activity

Auto set Comptetency Rating as "Competent" after finish activity

by Ba Ka -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I tried different settings competency framework and completion variants and never acquire a competency after passed the test. How correctly setup this? I don't want to do this manually.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ba Ka

Re: Auto set Comptetency Rating as "Competent" after finish activity

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Are you testing this as a site admin or a student?

Site admins can’t actually complete activities (completion is ignored) so if the competence is linked to an activity or course completion, you won’t see it automatically marked as competent.
In reply to Jon Bolton

Odp: Re: Auto set Comptetency Rating as "Competent" after finish activity

by Ba Ka -
I added competency and linked it with activity as a site admin. Then I passed quiz on student account, but competency status is still Not yet competent.
In reply to Ba Ka

Re: Odp: Re: Auto set Comptetency Rating as "Competent" after finish activity

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
For the Quiz Activity, select Edit settings.
At the bottom of the page, select the Competencies option.
For the Course competencies, select the desired competency and then the Upon activity completion value = Complete the competency.
Select one of the Save options.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Auto set Comptetency Rating as "Competent" after finish activity

by Ba Ka -
Unfortunately it doesn't work.
As a student in the competencies options inside course I go to competency and in Evidence field I see the text "The activity 'Quiz1' was completed." but it doesn't affect on state of Proficiency and progress bar in Competencies. Is it not depent on scale in competencies framework settings?
I use default framework and scales and until I manually change proficiency on Competent that these is no effect in the competencies for student.
In reply to Ba Ka

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Auto set Comptetency Rating as "Competent" after finish activity

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
For each competency who have to select the which Scale to use. Then you must Configure scales to select the default proficiency values. Note: I have custom scales.

The Competency is then linked to the course and to the Course activity that awards the competency.
The Course Activity: Competencies section - the course competencies and Upon Activity completion must be populated.
the Upon Activity completion = Complete the competency.

1. If all of those settings are in place, check the course activity report. Have student's successfully completed that activity?
2. Does the Competency Breakdown Report update correctly for the Student's who have completed that activity?
3. Is your CRON jobs running for Complete learning plans which are due, Completion mark as started and Calculate regular completion data?

Once a proficiency is not working as expected, it has been my experience that I needed to manually correct it for each student.
It is a best practice, when setting up a course, to review the student experience (course navigation/quiz activity) and then review the Admin/Instructor experience (reports and learning plans) before I release it for the intended audience. Using this process, I do not need to adjust manually a large population of student's course, quiz or competency values.

Good Luck.