by Irith Herman -
Number of replies: 14
I use moodle 3.5  
Ther is a problem with the Equation editor"equation editor
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Irith Herman

Re: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

As far as I know, you need to enable the TeX notation filter on your site to make equations display properly, as MathJax is not yet supported in the app.

In reply to Helen Foster

תשובה ל: Re: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Irith Herman -
Hello Helen!
I've already activated TEX.
Do I have to switch off MathJax?
In reply to Irith Herman

Re: תשובה ל: Re: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm not sure whether the MathJax filter needs to be disabled or moved lower on the manage filters page. Perhaps you could experiment and let us know what you discover?

In reply to Helen Foster

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Irith Herman -
I disabled the MathJax filter but nothing changed.
In reply to Irith Herman

by Irith Herman -
Do you have any other idea?
In reply to Irith Herman

Re: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Helen Foster -

Do the equations display correctly with the TEX notation filter when using a web browser on your computer? If not, please see the section 'Debugging TeX filter' in the documentation TeX notation filter.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Irith Herman -
I saw the documentation and did what the said.
when I clicked on:
Show a graphic image of the algebraic expression rendered with Tex/Ghostscript.
I got a list of errors:
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 288

Notice: Undefined variable: code in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 288

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 288

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 290

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 290

Notice: Undefined variable: code in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 292

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 288

Notice: Undefined variable: code in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 288

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 288

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 290

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 290

Notice: Undefined variable: code in /home/tiktak/public_html/kangaroo4u/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 292

Error creating image, see command execution output for more details.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Irith Herman -
Hello Helen
The equation is workin well on my computer and not in all the smartphones/
It works in 2 and not in other 2.
I disabled MathJax because it coused many problems/
Now
I turn on the debugger and enter to the fiter debugger page wrote this expression \frac{3}{5}
choosed:Show a graphic image of the algebraic expression rendered with mimetex.
and got all this errors:

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /Show a graphic image of the algebraic expression rendered with mimetex.
In reply to Irith Herman

Re: תשובה ל: Re: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Do you have an issue with the editor, or the rendering of the formulae in the output?
In reply to Marcus Green

by Irith Herman -
the problem is rendering of the formulae in the output
In reply to Irith Herman

Re: תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Irith

Please check that in Manage filters (Site administration >> Plugins >> Filters >> Manage filters; or adding /admin/filters.php to your site; for example mymoodlesite.com/admin/filters.php):
  • TeX notation is On and it is upper than MathJax
  • MathJax is disabled
Something like this:
Manage filters
Please check that the settings for TeX notation (Site administration >> Plugins >> Filters >> TeX notation; /admin/settings.php?section=filtersettingtex):
Tex notations 1
Tex notations 2

Having this configuration I see this in the App:
App

Isabel
In reply to Irith Herman

תשובה ל: The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Irith Herman -
Can someone help me with this problem? It is Urgent!!!
In reply to Irith Herman

AGAIN/STILL The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Birgit Lachner -

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem but even in textpages. It works properly in the browsers, on desktop and on smartphones/tablet.

Situation: the TeX-Code ist shown but not the formula.

Standard-setting in the installation is using MathJax. I changed to th position of the MathJax-Filer up and down in the list of the activated filters, but this does not have any effect.

I enabled Tex-Filter and disabled MathJax and then got another view, same for app and browser.

Clicking in the links brings me to the "TeX Filter Debugger". As the picture of the formula hasn't been rendered before I could not the forst two options. Using the option "Show a graphic image of the algebraic expression rendered with mimetex." gives the result Das spezifische Programm mimetex ist nicht ausführbar! (in englisch the specific programm mimetext is not executeable) in a page preview.

The Option to show the formula picture with Tex/Ghostscript leads to Error creating image, see command execution output for more details without a page preview. The output was Can not output detailed information due to security concerns, please turn on debug mode first. ... I don't know how to do this but I thing that will not really solve the main problem.

I tried to change the output format to SVG oder PNG but I thing it does not save the other options and is set back to GIF.

I moved the TeX-Filter up in the overview list but the behaviour is still the same output.

Can someone maybe show the page with the settings for the LaTeX-Filter for a working installation that is showing the formulas in the app?

Here are mine for MathJax and Tex:

Does anyone has an idea what the problem is? Is there a missing library? Oder whatever?

Thanks, Birgit

In reply to Birgit Lachner

Re: AGAIN/STILL The equation editor in mobile doesn't work

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Birgit,

The red x's above indicate that the TeX binaries are either missing or not executable. Check that there are files at the locations specified, and install them or update the paths in config.php if they are somewhere else.

The mimetex binary is distributed with Moodle so it should be there if the path is correct. However, the binary is a 32 bit executable and will not work on  a 64 bit system if extra compatibility libraries are not installed.

Daniel