Restrict Access on Quiz Reattempt

Restrict Access on Quiz Reattempt

by Jayden Tyronian -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all

I think I know, but I'm not 100% sure and wanted to get confirmation.

On my Moodle site, I've created a Quiz.  The Total marks for the Quiz is 20.  But I've kept the Maximum grade as 100.

Someone take the exam and they get the adjust out of 100 score and gradebook correctly shows the correct grade type for the score received.

If I set up a reattempt restriction (Extra restrictions on attempts) to 70, students are still able to retake the exam.

Is this because GRADE here is still referring to the out of 20 marks NOT the adjusted maximum grade out of 100?

So for example, if student A takes the exam and get 70/100 (which would be 14/20), if I've got the extra restrictions on attempts set to 70 the student can retake the exam. 

If this is correct, then I believe careless of the mark/maximum grade setup... if it the marks is out of 20, the restriction on reattempt would have to be 14.

I hope that makes sense.

Kind regards

Jayden

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: Restrict Access on Quiz Reattempt

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Jayden,

Edit settings -> Grade -> Grade to pass: the actual grade, that is, out of the 'Maximum grade' indicated in the upper right corner of the 'Edit quiz' page.

Edit settings -> Restrict access -> Grade -> must be ≥ or must be <: the grade of the selected item as a percentage.

You can try out yourself in the Moodle sandbox ↗.