Classic theme: Can u help me change the background color, all fonts, headers, etc?

Classic theme: Can u help me change the background color, all fonts, headers, etc?

by Ian L -
Number of replies: 7

O.k. this seems like a basic thing and I have searched Google pretty extensively and tried a few different things, some worked and many didn't.

1. Basically I want to change all the fonts/text on the page to a new font.
  2. I want to change the colors of the font and links (think I go that one)
  3. I especially want to change the headers (font and color)
  4. And the background color which seems impossible
  5. I want to change the style of the short site word that links to the home page

Also does the background image cover the whole background? What size does it need to be?

Can you help?

I've tried putting css in the raw css and the raw intial css.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian L

Re: Classic theme: Can u help me change the background color, all fonts, headers, etc?

by Ian L -
O.k I just learned the background image covers some of the background but not all. Also is there a right size as I tried 1280x720 and there is a ugly separating line between the double of the images.

Anyways would like to know how to change the background color - all of it. I tried a solid color image too and yeah that doesn't do all of it.
In reply to Ian L

Re: Classic theme: Can u help me change the background color, all fonts, headers, etc?

by Georgia Tziogkidou -

Hi Ian, 

To change the background color, I went to the Site administration --> Appearance  --> Themes  --> Boost, 

I uploaded a solid color picture and everything seems to have worked. I don't have any lines in between.

But have the same issues as you do with all the rest. I want to change the header color, the links (because the students can't see them) etc and whatever I do doesn't seem to work.

In reply to Georgia Tziogkidou

by Ian L -

Yes, thank you^^. I figured the solid color thing out but if it's a picture I don't think it looks good - at least not with the picture I tried. 

Still haven't figured out the headers and fonts... Anybody????

In reply to Ian L

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Ian, a year or two ago I gave a presentation at MoodleMoots about how I do some of the things that you desire, using CSS. It started with the MORE theme, and then I modified it for the Boost theme. I am sharing my resources web page with you a little more as background, hopefully pointing you in the right direction.

MoodleMoot2017 (US and Mountain), "Making Boost do MORE"

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Ian L -

Thanks I took a look and I might try some of it. I couldn't see anything about font-family in there.

In reply to Ian L

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Nope, I do not change the font family. I like to use Moodle's default.