Recalculating Course Completion

Re: Recalculating Course Completion

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Course completion will repopulate (if your sync is running) after this but if the original activity completion was not met it will not give them credit (if they had it before). If you want them to get credit for the original, even if the new criteria wasn't met, you can go to the activity completion report and manually check complete.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Tanudja Gibson -

HI,

Sorry, this may be a dumb question, but what do you mean by "(if your sync is running)" in the above answer? I am new to my Admin role (long story) so still feeling my way around. How/where would I check that sync is running?

Also, regarding course completion recalculation, we imported a course including the user data from 2000 "old" users who had "Completed" the course (which contained quizzes and activities that required a grade and feedback to pass) and since then we have added 63 new users who are at various stages of completion. However for some reason the new Course Completion Settings are not the same as in the original course (in the new course, only 1 activity is ticked as required for completion, instead of 10) and now all 63 new users are showing 100% Completed after doing just one activity. 

We want to reset the completion settings in the new course to include all the relevant activities but when we go to Edit Course Completion Settings  we get this warning message:

One or more students have already completed a criterion so the settings have been locked. Unlocking the completion criteria settings will deleted any existing user data and may cause confusion. 

Are you saying if we go ahead and do this anyway, the course completion will recalculate  ie "sync" - both for the 2000 original users and the 63 new users. 

Many thanks for your time; very much appreciate any advice regarding this issue 

In reply to Tanudja Gibson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The short answer is yes! If you change the settings, it will reset them for all users in the course, regardless of how they got there.
Completion settings update when cron runs - this is set at the server level. There is a scheduled task option in your admin settings that will tell you when each task runs - this is what is meant by the syncing..
Average of ratings: Useful (1)