Same Badge - Different Instance of Course?

Same Badge - Different Instance of Course?

by Rachel Grzymkowski -
Number of replies: 3

Hey Moodlers 

Using Moodle 3.7. Is there a way to issue the same badge for multiple instances of a course? We release courses each quarter, just like a University. I would like the same badge to be awarded as long as they complete the course at anytime. The courses always have the same title each quarter we just change up the course settings to identify the different instances. 

Does anyone know of a way to do this? A plug in maybe. For now, i've been using Site Badges and i have to remove the badge and add the new instance of the course each time, this is not sustainable. 

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rachel Grzymkowski

Re: Same Badge - Different Instance of Course?

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Add it as a course badge rather than a site badge. Then it will be awarded based on activity or course completion. See https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Badges

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Rachel Grzymkowski -
Hey Jon, thanks for replying. I tried adding it as a Course badge earlier and it said i already had a badge with that name.
So to confirm, if i remove the site badges and then redo do them on the Course level, you are saying it should let me have a badge with the same name for every instance of the course?
Thanks again!
In reply to Rachel Grzymkowski

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Sorry, I misunderstood your original post; I read it as you wanting to issue a badge per course.

To be clear, you cannot have badges with the same name. But could you duplicate a badge and give it the same name as the course instance?