Backup and Debug and Adodb.inc.php and Adodb-mysql.inc.php Errors

Backup and Debug and Adodb.inc.php and Adodb-mysql.inc.php Errors

by Kim . -
Number of replies: 2

I'm new to moodle and we recently set up our site.  I've just started doing Automated Site Backups (admin menu).  On our 1st auto-backup most everything did ok, then 2 courses errored out and the rest finished ok. 

I checked the logs and the errors happened as it was trying to zip and copy the files to our backup folder.  All the other backups did OK and made it to the folder.  I then manually backed up the 2 courses and they finished without errors.

I've read that I should turn on DEBUG to get more info as the backup will happen early Thurs AM again.  But when I turned on DEBUG I immediately got the following 2 errors at the top of the page:

---

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/frenchle/public_html/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2539

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/frenchle/public_html/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 73

----

When I turn off DEBUG (admin) then the errors go away.  I didn't want my students to see an error when they log on and I wasn't sure the displayed errors were only for admins. 

I checked the forums on adodb.inc.php and there's all kinds of problems about not being able to login using php 4.4.0 but we have 4.4.1.  But so far I've been able to log in OK and so have the users. 

I didn't see any fix for the adodb-mysql.inc.php error though.

Do I still need to worry about these errors? 

And how do I find out what to do about the courses that don't backup properly?  The backup docs are not clear about what to do.

We are using BlueHost and the stats are: moodle 1.5.2 (2005060220) and php 4.4.1.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kim .

Re: Backup and Debug and Adodb.inc.php and Adodb-mysql.inc.php Errors

by Kim . -

Here's some more info...  The same 2 courses errored out last night, but when I do a manual course backup they complete OK (includes user data).  The other courses (before and after) complete OK.

The log says the following.  Note that the error times are 2 Feb 04:00 THRU 31 DEC 17:00!

GEX01 - Dictées Beg - FREE2 Feb, 04:45- 2 Feb, 04:45OK7 Feb, 04:00
SVC02 - Introduction / Presentation Beg2 Feb, 04:45- 31 Dec, 17:00Error7 Feb, 04:00
GEX02 - Pronouns Beg - FREE2 Feb, 04:00- 31 Dec, 17:00Error7 Feb, 04:00
BRC07 Reading and Practice Int2 Feb, 05:30- 2 Feb, 05:30OK7 Feb, 04:00

They both errored out in the same location the last entry in the log is:

SVC02 04:45 AM:38            user info

GEX02 04:00 AM:49            user info

Any help would be appreciated!

In reply to Kim .

Re: Backup and Debug and Adodb.inc.php and Adodb-mysql.inc.php Errors

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do I still need to worry about these errors? 

If you are able to login, these errors are harmless. As to the backup problem, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Saludos. Iñaki.