Moodle for private music lessons?

Re: Moodle for private music lessons?

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
For anyone interested, it has been a busy two months and Jeff now has a great looking Moodle site for he and his students to use. The reason for the two month delay in posts is Jeff only has one free day per week to work on developing his site. It was a real adventure getting a Moodle external tool setup for use with Noteflight, which we manged just yesterday and this morning.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by alfonso sanchez -

hello! i'm in the same ship, trying of modeling moodle for private music lessons, i already made group of 1 for my students, in my case have one big piano room maybe soon will be separate on adult/kids piano room but i honestly can't figure several things probably cos my biases on google classroom.

Like Jeff we work on differents approaches per student, modeling the study program with the student's interest.

Please i trully appreciate your expertise.

In reply to alfonso sanchez

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I never really discussed with Jeff how he was teaching music lessons prior to setting up his Moodle site. I just helped with adding a Zoom plugin and setting up a link to Noteflight from within Moodle. I do know that he has put a LOT of time and effort into his site and resources. So far as I know, he uses Zoom to teach lessons and does not use a "piano room" at all.

We also did a "Moodle setup and upgrade lesson" via a shared screen Skype call.

In reply to alfonso sanchez

by Jeff M -

Hello there! This is Jeff, the original poster. I'd love to help you with any questions if I can. smile Fire away here, or you can send me a private message if that's more appropriate. AL Rachels has been VERY helpful to me through this journey. I'm not nearly as technically savvy about Moodle as he, but I have figured out some ways to make Moodle work for me as a private music teacher. So any questions along that route I'd be happy to answer the best I can.

In reply to Jeff M

by alfonso sanchez -
Hello!! thanks for writing, indeed i'll be very gratefull if you can share some of your experience.

I'll write you a private msg!