dropdown menus inacessible after upgrading to 3.7.1

Re: dropdown menus inacessible after upgrading to 3.7.1

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yep - the more worrying thing is how you have the Clean theme available at all. It shouldn't be there.

Either you copied it back into the upgraded install (bad!) or you copied the new files over the top of the old (worse!)
In reply to Howard Miller

by syl pub -
Actually, I used Softaculous and the automatic upgrade system...So far it had been efficient...Here I'm in trouble.
In reply to syl pub

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Did you check environment when the site was 3.5?

Did you do a full site backup before upgrading?

Turn on debugging via config.php file:
https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Debugging#In_config.php

Also, can you see any clues in your web servers error logs?

Softac upgrade ... hmmmm .... here we go again! :\

Reason I say that ... the clean theme you had been using when site was a 3.5 still present after upgrade.  If you did not move the clean theme directory back into new code/theme/ it means Softac wrote over theme directory and did not replace it's contents as a manual upgrade would have or a git acquire upgrade would have done.

What other areas of moodle code did Softac try to mistakenly write over ... leaving old/incompat code?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by syl pub -
Thank you very much for your help and explanations. It's a real pleasure to be led around that issue.
I have a full backup in hands to get backward and bounce back so hopefully I'll manage ;
And you gave me a good lesson about softaculous : I signed for it by "lazyness" and understand now how it works sourire
I'm on my way to try the debugging solution as I'm curious and if I can't manage that way, I'll do a full backup before going further.