Maximum number of uploaded files - behavior change in new version of Moodle?

Maximum number of uploaded files - behavior change in new version of Moodle?

by Acqua Alta -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

Moodle version: 3.7

We have two Moodle systems - 3.5 and 3.7

In both systems, the value of the following admin setting is set to 20:

Maximum files per submission (assignsubmission_file | maxfiles)

However, the behavior of the assignment default settings is different. When creating a new assignment:

* In Moodle 3.5, the default of the "Maximum files per submission" setting is 1, and the user can change the value between 1-20.

* In Moodle 3.7, the default of the "Maximum files per submission" setting is 20, and the user can change the value between 1-20.

In our opinion, the behavior of Moodle 3.5 is preferable, since we want that the teachers would be able to allow students to submit more than one file, but most of the teachers want only one file to be submitted, so that should be the default of the mentioned setting.

Am I missing something? Is it an intended change in Moodle, or maybe it's a bug that should be fixed?

Please share your knowledge. Thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Acqua Alta

Re: Maximum number of uploaded files - behavior change in new version of Moodle?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

I found that the change was a result of MDL-62279. I agree with you that the behaviour of Moodle 3.5 is preferable, with the default being 1. Please vote for MDL-64527 to have an admin setting for specifying 1.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Maximum number of uploaded files - behavior change in new version of Moodle?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks for this Helen. I was trying to look for it earlier as I was sure I had seen it somewhere -and then when you posted the link I went to vote for it, only to discover I had already voted for itbig grin
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Acqua Alta -

Thanks Helen & Mary smile

I voted for the latest issue raised.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)