Upgrade Help

Upgrade Help

by Duncan McConnell -
Number of replies: 6

Hi guys. I've had an error with upgrading so I reverted to my previous version which is 3.6.3. Since then I keep getting the follow error, which I have no way of fixing. Any thoughts? I've run out of ideas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Duncan McConnell

Re: Upgrade Help

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't know what you mean by "reverted" but you need to know that you can't "downgrade" Moodle. If you ran the upgrade from 3.6 to 3.7 then the only way back is to restore the database backup I *hope* you took before you started.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Duncan McConnell -

Thanks for your quick reply. I restored a backup and then got that error. Would that still be an issue as the 3.7 upgrade failed?

In reply to Duncan McConnell

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You didn't restore something. Those 'requires' version numbers are for 3.7 code. To revert to 3.6 you need to restore the database AND the moodle code to 3.6. It looks like you've still got some 3.7 code (probably mixed in with 3.6).

Alternatively, we could try to fix the problem you have.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Duncan McConnell -

Thanks. Yes when I upgraded to 3.7 I ended up with 500 error and no response from the site, hence why I restored the backup. I was running php version 7.1 prior to the upgrade, would that have cause the no response from the site?