Suggested (Affordable) Course merchant options for Moodle 3.7?

Re: Suggested (Affordable) Course merchant options for Moodle 3.7?

by Dom F -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Mary

Paypal is certainly a perfectly effective payment gateway, but we're looking hard at options for commerce & enrolment off-the-shelf tools.

The payment option at the end of that could be anything - not especially bothered so... paypal, authorise.net  etc all fine.

What I was keen to hear about (but perhaps no one really uses moodle for paid access?) is about the front end customer enrolment and fullfilment process. (Arrive at page, choose a course, make payment, get enrolled  or o on a waitlist to be enrolled)

That sort of thing?

D

In reply to Dom F

by Susan Hitt -
I too, am in your boat! Did you ever figure an answer out? If so PLEASE let me know!! Thank you!
In reply to Susan Hitt

by Kerry Watt -
I do know there are small non-profits using Course Merchant, so it could be something that could be discussed with them? Other solutions that I've heard of have been fairly bespoke and therefore costly, unfortunately, or used multiple systems to get between the ecommerce and Moodle which required some manual intervention.
In reply to Kerry Watt

by Dom F -

Hi yes course merchant do some great stuff, but my post put affordable in the title as course merchants set up costs are just beyond the  reach of most normal users -  they’ve decided to focus on big business 

So that’s a bit of. Dead end. Sorry

In reply to Susan Hitt

by Dom F -
Hi Susan, I have a few thoughts I can go back to and research if you message me an email address or simile I can forward what I have?

Best

Dom