Using activities as student tasks?

Using activities as student tasks?

by Bob Boursaw -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all, 

Very excited to be here and looking forward to learning from you all.  I am brand new to Moodle and have what is a very basic question, but have not yet found what I'm after.  What is the recommended way to create a 'task' for lack of a better term.  The idea being that it is a track-able item or list of items that A student can work through to solidify their knowledge.  I am guessing I could simply use a page and include a typed list of items that they can work through?  I don't need feedback or the ability to provide a grade.  My goal is to create training for corporate clients on how to use and administer our software solution.  So key areas for me will be video presentation, possibly quizzes, and hoping for some type of module that will allow the student to work through a task / set of steps for the purposes of 'practice' and solidifying knowledge.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Bob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Boursaw

Re: Using activities as student tasks?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well you could simply use Activity completion with each activity so they have a checkbox against it on their course page. (Click the link there)

Or you could download one of two checklist -like plugins:

1. Checklist 
  2. Completion progress

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Using activities as student tasks?

by michelle butler -

Similar question- I need to communicate with my students the weekly tasks but do not want these tasks to show up in the grade book. I've tried choosing "none" for grade. I've deselected file submission and online submission. 

Any ideas on where/how to accomplish this? 

Example: 

"This week we will be reading chapters 1-3. Come prepared to discuss the following questions: How is the character flawed?"